21 April 2020
To our valued customers:
With the COVID-19 pandemic at the forefront of many people’s minds, Blue Star Growers, Inc. would like to assure our customers that we are committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all our staff, customers, and suppliers. Likewise, we are committed to continue providing the high quality, safe, and nutritious pears and apples to you and your customers that Blue Star is known for. We have developed an Action Plan to ensure that these goals are met.
Blue Star Growers has implemented or enhanced enforcement of the following:
- Created the Blue Star Emergency Response Team to assess and implement policies and procedures as the COVID-19 situation changes and as needs arise.
- Restricted access for visitors and vendors to all facilities.
- Employees and guests must wash hands before entering production areas.
- Ongoing training and updates following CDC, FDA, and WA Dept. of Health guidelines for all personnel regarding health, hygiene, and COVID-19.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation of all areas of the production facility including breakrooms, offices, restrooms, and packing areas.
- Diligent enforcement of GMPs already in place for sick workers that may pose a threat to food safety.
- Enforced social distancing in all areas of the facility.
- Distribution of face masks for all workers.
- Development of screening policies and procedures for illness.
- Instructions and help with access to programs that would assist workers if they become ill and are forced to stay home to care for themselves or to care for family members.
- Review of business continuity plans to cope with a potential crisis.
We are continually monitoring new information from federal, state, and local, health officials as it is released. We are striving to maintain flexibility to meet the demands of our customers for a safe, consistent product while providing a safe and caring environment for our employees.